Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 5 posts 75 karma points
    Dec 03, 2015 @ 13:42
    James

Umbraco running virtual directory - broken media files path

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with Umbraco running in a virtual directory and broken media paths.

I'll use example URLs:

The website is hosted at www.mynewsite.com/content/

The media displays when you go to www.mynewsite.com/content/media/....

The problem is Umbraco is adding an extra /content to the URL path so therefore I'm left with www.mynewsite.com/content/content/media/.... and the media therefore doesn't display or work.

Is there any way to stop Umbraco adding the extra /content to the media paths?

Alternatively, is it possible to just create another /content folder and move the media there, so that the doubled up media paths actually resolve?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 04, 2015 @ 10:44
    James

Can anyone help with this issue? I'm still unable to resolve it.

It appears that content is being added from the virtual directory in the URL, and in the media path, which results in the double content.

If I remove one of the content's from the URL, the media works without issue, so this is clearly an issue related to paths or how URL's are set server side.

Dec 04, 2015 @ 14:01
    James

I think the issue may be directly related to the rewrite rules in Umbraco. Any chance of help with this issue?

Dec 07, 2015 @ 10:41
    James

Hello,

Is anybody out there?

enter image description here

:)

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2015 @ 10:51
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi James,

I never tried running umbraco in a virtual directory.

But here ares some forum posts that could put you on the right track for solving your issues :

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/59666-Umbraco-7-in-virtual-directory

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/48243-Umbraco-7-and-virtual-directory

One of these posts mentions setting ResolveUrlsFromTextString to true. According to the documentation on this page this is required : https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Config/umbracoSettings/

Dave

Dec 07, 2015 @ 12:09
    James

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your response. I'll take a look through those links and see if there's anything there that can help me with the issue.

All the best,

James

• Christina Carter 12 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 19:40
    Christina Carter

Hi James,

How did you end up solving this?

• Syed 4 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 14, 2020 @ 11:30
    Syed

Any one have solutions for this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies