Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rocketmanact 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 07:25
    rocketmanact

Takes about 2 minutes to publish a node

Hi,

I’m working on a website which has a umbraco.config of about fifty thousand (50000) nodes. It was upgraded from version 4.9.0 to 7.2.2. We still use legacy schema. Therefore below setting is on.

<UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>

The issue we have is, it takes about 2 minutes to publish a node. After taking a trace we saw that it takes a lot of time to build the site map which we have configured as below.

<siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="false">
      <providers>
        <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
      </providers>
    </siteMap>

I really appreciate if anyone can provide some guidance on improving the publishing time.

Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 15:04
    Dave Woestenborghs

If you don't use the sitemap provider it's safe to remove it from the web.config.

Maybe you can give it a try and see if that is a improvement.

Dave

• rocketmanact 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 23:20
    rocketmanact

Thanks Dave, that really helped. We were able to bring down publishing time to about 8 seconds.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2015 @ 08:03
    Dave Woestenborghs

I think the sitemap xml provider is some legacy code from version 4.x. You could use that as a datasource for some webcontrols to render a navigation for example.

I think I even removed it in version 4.x from the web.config without any problems.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft