Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Larsen 29 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 16:23
    Kim Larsen

Upgraded from v6.2.1 to v.7.3.3 - Image Cropper, now what?

I have upgraded a v6.2.1 installation to v.7.3.3 and after having issues with missing tables etc finally now almost everything works - well, except for the Image Cropper. As far as I can understand from the documentation Image Cropper is the only property editor, that will not be updated but how do you then handle a site with a large amount of images?

I can set up new data types with the correct crops but with several thousand images it is not an option to ask editor to edit every single image - any ideas or best practices?

• Michael Biggs 18 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 16:47
    Michael Biggs

I good choice to look at would be Slimsy, you can specify in Razor the crop you need or choose to go responsive. I highly recommend this

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 17:31
    Carl Jackson

Check out Image gen

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/imagegen

When you save your property editor it will work through each image and create relevant crops.

may take a while if you have a lot of images though!

Thanks

Carl

• Kim Larsen 29 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 22:30
    Kim Larsen

I know imagegen, slimsy is new to me - but thanks for both suggestions!

The issue with both solutions - as far as I see it - is, that they simply said are just image resizers so the work the editor has done in the v6.2.1 solution will be ignored and the crops done here are not just simple resizes of large images, it is about selecting the most interesting part of a larger image as a teaser. So this is about editor knowledge and decision, not responsiveness or similar.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft