Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Dec 05, 2015 @ 22:47
    Roger Withnell

RTE to have black background and white text like the front end website

My website has a black background and white text.

How do I make the RTE the same? ie black background and white text.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Roger

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 05, 2015 @ 23:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Roger,

What you can do is create a stylesheet called RTE or something like that if you want a specific stylesheet for the rich text editor.

Else what you need to do is to attach a stylesheet to the rich text editor. The way that you are doing this is as following. Go to the data types folder in the developer section, and click on the rich text editor data type.

One of the settings on this is adding a stylesheet. I have made a screenshot

enter image description here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 09:31
    gary

Hi Roger / Dennis

Was a little confused by the post and still not sure.

Roger - the background of your website is black, is the output from the RTE also a black background currently? So, in other words is the HTML output correct?

If it is, but you want the RTE to have a black background so that the editor see's it as it will appear in the website, what Dennis said is absolutely correct.

Like this?

If so your stylesheet will look like this

The style sheet must be created in the Settings tab of Umbraco for it to be seen in the Developer Section to be added to the RTE.

Hope it helps

Gary

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 12:38
    Roger Withnell

Many thanks, Gary and Dennis. Problem fixed (ie it looks like Gary's image of the RTE above)!

I had already created the rte.css file described by Dennis to use in the "Formats" drop-down menu of the RTE. The problem was fixed by adding Gary's css above directly into the rte.css file.

If I modify the rte.css file subsequently in the back office by adding or modifying one of the entries that appear in the "Formats" drop-down menu, the css I've added to the rte.css file directly is removed when I save the file. But I just add again.

Great support. Much appreciated.

Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft