Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dave 36 posts 149 karma points
    Dec 07, 2015 @ 21:24
    dave

Disable - Update/Upgrade choices for administrators

I have deployed umbraco 7.x to production. All good, however my adminstrator/customer logs in and sees the option to update the site or a component.

Can I disable these messages from being visible to users on the production site? (i do not want them to install or update anything)

I am hoping this is a web.config setting.

Another question, it seems 'Forms' keeps getting installed on the production installation, i compare to what was originally deployed and it was freshly updated/installed in production. Can i disable these types of changes?

thx-dave

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 07, 2015 @ 21:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dave,

Yes you can disable the update notification in the backoffice.

Try to see this documentaion https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Config/webconfig/

UmbracoVersionCheckPeriod The default value is: 7

When this value is set above 0, the backoffice will check for a new version of Umbraco every 'x' number of days where 'x' is the value defined for this setting. By default Umbraco ships with a value of '7'.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Eric Petersson 32 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 08, 2016 @ 09:17
    Eric Petersson

Running version 7.2.6 - can't seem to find the umbracoVersionCheckPeriod section in the web,.config. Has it been replaced with a different syntax?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 08, 2016 @ 09:54
    Kevin Jump

Hi Eric

I don't think the value is in the web.config by default - you have to add it to the appSettings sections

<add key="umbracoVersionCheckPeriod" value="0" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft