Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
We're having some trouble with one of our Umbraco installations. Some pages on the site are using a lot of CPU and I have tracked it down to it being the product pages. We are using Merchello for our products and also have them as nodes, they are around 13,000 in total but there is no point at which we are loading all of them at the same time.
The CPU spikes when more people come on the site, we have seen the site freeze completely with as few as 40 visitors.
We are using Examine to fetch the products, isn't that supposed to be faster than fetching them from the Umbraco cache?
I'm not sure which version of Examine we are using but our Umbraco version is 7.2.8, we tried upgrading to 7.3.1 but ran into a lot of trouble.
We would be very thankful if anyone could shed some light on the subject. Thank you!
What database do you use?
We have some performance issues like you described when we were using SQLCE database.
Are you using MSSQL?
Thanks for the reply!
I'm using MSSQL on a Windows 2012 server. I ran a profiling test with dotTrace and it seems to indicate that Umbraco is calling "Scheduled publishing" but we don't have any scheduled tasks in umbracoSettings.config
Is it normal that "RunIBackgroundTaskAsync" is being called several times during a request for the front page?
There is one thing worth mentioning though, on the homepage we have a lot of macros, but the homepage doesn't seem to be the page that's spiking the CPU only the product pages.
Just to join in - we too are experiencing issues with Umbraco 7 installations taking 100% of CPU. We are using MS SQL. Trying to track down the problem but are unable to at this time.
Does anyone else have any insight into this? This issue has been a major showstopper for us and I am at my wits end here...
I just launched, for testing only, a pretty simple marketing site on 7.3.1. It has maybe one person browsing it and making content changes. CPU gets pegged at 95- 100% about once a day. Not sure what is causing it but I dont' see this behavior on the other umbraco sites (maybe 10 others).
Having the same issue on Umbraco version 7.2.2 assembly: 1.0.5529.1852.
During a standard save/publish routine intermittently takes the CPU to 99% essentially taking the whole server offline.
Anyone have any ideas?
We have some performance issues like you described when we were using SQLCE database. Are you using MSSQL?
Could it be this issue that you have hit into http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6338
Try to see if you have Windows Server 2012 R2 + IIS and either KB3000850 or KB3007507 installed.
Hope this helps,
Thanks Alex, I'm using full SQL not SQLCE.
Dennis, I read about that I am on 2012R, however I have the KB3052480 update installed already on the server and am still getting that full CPU hit intermittantly.
going through the logs, looks like the two primary causes of shutdowns are:
2016-02-10 09:43:54,664  INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 16] Application shutdown. Reason: MaxRecompilationsReached
2016-02-08 15:55:53,833  INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 12] Application shutdown. Reason: ConfigurationChange
Did you have KB3000850 or KB3007507 installed too?
Dennis, yes KB3000850 is installed but not KB3007507
Thanks for your help,
Could you try remove the KB3000850, to see if it´s resolves the issue that you have with 100% cpu.
Dennis, I will do this. But since this is on a production server, do you know generally speaking if it is OK to uninstall this? Just don't want to introduce further instability. Thanks for all your help.
Guys, did anyone get anywhere with this?
I have a fairly beefy server:
But with as few as 50~ users on our site, it is bouncing around 100% CPU. The site is running on 7.2.8 with MSSQL db.
This sounded far too high, so as test, I have created a duplicate server with the same specs, and uploaded a shiny new 7.4.2 umbraco site, with a single blank template & DocType. I have disabled logging too.. It still bounces around 100% CPU:
This seems a bit crazy... I have neither of the 2 mentioned updates installed on the server.
Granted, the site doesn't regularly get this number of visitors, just when an email campaign is sent out, and it's an AWS instance, so scaling up needs to be done in advance, and doesn't seem like it should be necessary..
Any thoughts would be much appreciated..
I could not resolve the issues I was having using 7.2.x. I was advised not to uninstall KB3000850 by sys admin, regardless, I had all the other supposed hotfixes installed so I would imagine that it would not be an issue anyway. I upgraded Umbraco to 7.3.8 and I have not seen CPU issues spike since. I would get off 7.2... hope that helps in some way....
Well, the Process graph was on the blank 7.4.2 install, so I'm currently not convinced that's going to help (though I would love to upgrade for a host of other reasons, I just need the client to agree to pay or it!).
I only found this post late on in the day, so will run through the above Umbraco issue and see if I can patch the server with the hotfix, even though I don't have either update installed.
I will post back on here should it work.. (fingers crossed!)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted