Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hugo Migneron 32 posts 105 karma points
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 03:54
    Hugo Migneron

Asked to upgrade umbraco after each publish

Hi,

I use Umbraco v7.3.1 for a production website. I use visual studio to develop and publish directly to production from there once my changes are ready. I use the "File System" publishing method and my project only contains the files I need to overwrite (Views, Css, Scripts, Web.Config and a couple of configuration files)

After most publishes (but not every single time) when I first access the website after the publish, I am redirected to the /umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade page and asked to upgrade Umbraco.

I proceed with the upgrade, it takes about 2 seconds and all is well. I would like to know why this happens though, why am I redirected to that page? I have not changed the Umbraco version. If I save the web.config and do a diff of the file before and after the upgrade, nothing changes (the version is already the right one, etc.) Nothing else seems to change.

So my question is : what triggers Umbraco to redirect me to that page? What can I do to prevent that on a production server?

Thanks!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:40
    Dave Woestenborghs

You can add a app setting to your web.config called umbracoVersionCheckPeriod and set it's value to 0. This will disable the update checker.

Here is the information of all of the app settings : https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Config/webconfig/

Dave

Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:54
    Hugo Migneron

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this setting only affects the "A new version of umbraco is available" messages in the backoffice.

When I publish my code, the entire site (both the public facing part and the back office) becomes inaccesible and accessing the front page (when logged in) forces you to proceed to "upgrade" umbraco. The umbracoVersionCheckPeriod doesn't seem to affect that.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 12:16
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Hugo,

Sorry, misread your first post. It seems umbraco thinks it needs to upgrade. What is the value of the application setting called umbracoConfigurationStatus ? This should match the version of Umbraco that you are currently running.

Dave

Dec 15, 2015 @ 21:58
    Hugo Migneron

Yeah it does match. And upon closer inspection, absolutely nothing changes in the web.config before / after the "upgrade". The file stays exactly the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft