Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mitch 42 posts 157 karma points
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 16:12
    Mitch

uSync import timing out

Hi

We are having issues when manually using the import function of uSync. All works fine locally, but we get a timeout error when we deploy to our Azure environments and try to do an import.

Could this have anything to do with Azure storage retry policies (or the lack of in uSync)?

Please let me know if any more information is needed...

• cheil 10 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 04, 2016 @ 16:32
    cheil

I am experiencing the same issue, did you find a solution for this?

• VICTOR 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 06, 2016 @ 15:28
    VICTOR

Same issue here :( any solution?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 07, 2016 @ 09:22
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

I've only just seen this, so apologies.

I think although I am not using azure at the moment that this is to do with how usync is accessing the disk. up until now usync is just doing standard system.io calls, and i suspect with local and blob storage on azure, this isn't working : (

I suspect their is a better way to channel all the physical IO requests so they go through a IFileSystem provider, and the we might be able to use an azure FileSystem provider.

I just need to go and do the research and find out what the correct way to do this is.

• Mitch 42 posts 157 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 11:03
    Mitch

Thanks Kevin

Just as an update, we still experience a timeout sporadically, and we get around this by just doing the import again which seems to work.

Your suggestion is interesting. I believe the latest uSync has changed the way it accesses files as we had issues with the way it was reading/writing to it's settings file. However, I'm not sure if it now uses IFIleSystem or whether the changes were applied to accessing the exported data files.

I will check when I get the time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft