Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 18:59
    Matthew Kirschner

Scheduling.KeepAlive Fail - Remote Certificate is Invalid

I've just updated my load-balanced site (Umb 7.2.8) to use SSL and am now getting the following error in my log (on the second node) every 5 minutes:

[P7512/T125/D12] Failed (at "https://www.MySite.com:443/umbraco"). System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

This did not happen on my test site, and I believe it has something to do with my production bindings and certs. I"m using two certifications, one each for a primary domain binding and another for subdomain. Could this be an issue for Umbraco?

My bindings look similar to:

• MySite.com - SSL: MySite.com
    • MySite.Domain.com - SSL: *.Domain.com
    • MySite1.Domain.com - SSL: *.Domain.com (used for Umb backoffice)
    • MySite2.Domain.com - SSL: *.Domain.com
  • Afrizal Chen 3 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 01, 2016 @ 00:28
    Afrizal Chen

May i know if you solved this issue?

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jul 01, 2016 @ 12:57
    Matthew Kirschner

I actually don't even remember having this issue. If it's what I think it is, then the solution was to turn on Require Server Name Indication for my site bindings. To do so:

• In IIS Manager, click on your site and go to the Bindings edit window
    • Double-click a binding to edit and check the Require Server Name Indication checkbox

Hope this helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft