Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt 29 posts 111 karma points
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 18:47
    Kurt

Trying to delete language - "Cannot remove language ... because it's attached to a domain on a node"

In our Umbraco backend, we have a single home content node that is set to the "en" culture. In the Languages section of Settings, we have a lot of languages listed, a number of which we don't actually need. I'd like to delete some of them, but when I try this I get the following message in the error log:

"Cannot remove language [whatever language I tried] because it's attached to a domain on a node"

But there's nothing under Content that has that language attached. Unless this is referring to something else that I'm not aware of.

• marco leoncini 4 posts 74 karma points
    Dec 16, 2016 @ 11:28
    marco leoncini

I have the same error, no idea?

• Syed Haider Raza 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 02, 2017 @ 05:37
    Syed Haider Raza

I had the same problem, so I found that I am using another language into a domain.

So I resolved my problem by going to;

Content -> Home -> Actions -> Culture and Hostmanes

Then I deleted domain entry which was using the other language, clicked on Save.

Once this domain entry which was using the other language removed from the database, I was able to delete the other language.

If you have database access then you can also query to see which domain is using which language / culture;

select * from [dbo].[umbracoDomains]

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2017 @ 17:04
    Sven Geusens

Have you checked the delete bin if there are any items there that still have the language attached? Just tested that can be a reason why you cant delete a language.

• Suraj Bhatia 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 09, 2018 @ 05:17
    Suraj Bhatia

I am facing the same issue. I don't have language attached to any domain any node, even though it not allowing me to delete the language. I even clean the recycle bin and then tried to delete the language but not worked.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft