Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rickard Liljeberg 23 posts 114 karma points
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 20:08
    Rickard Liljeberg

Creating data that is not a document type

So I have a page for a company.

They want a page listing their employees in a nice paged way with picture and whatnot. Pretty normal stuff.

Here is the thing tho, they will never display an employee on a separate page and thusly it's confusing to make them as document types (but very possible of course).

What I want is to create a document type called, say "Employee list", then I create a page of this kind, and on this page I want to be able to create employees with some basic information, including photo.

Then when user looks at the page he/she can see all employees in a nice way.

So in summary. How do I create "employees" that belong to a node of type "Employee list" without beeing document types of their own (I don't want en Employee document type)

• Veronica Burd 76 posts 201 karma points
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 20:57
    Veronica Burd

Have a look at Archetype. Should be able to do what you want. However, how many employees do you have to cater for? The editing may become a little unwieldy if you have a lot.

HTH

Ver

• Luke 110 posts 256 karma points
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 08:30
    Luke

Hi,

Me personally I would use a Employee document type with no associated Template and therefore no separate employee page.

However if you do want this - then Ver's answer looks good or you could create your own property editor.

Regards, L

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 09:51
    Hendy Racher

+1 for an Employee document type. You could use this with Nested Content on the containing Company page (much like Archetype) or as child 'pages' that are hidden from the tree and handled as a list on the Company page by the 'Enable List View' option (on the Company document type).

• Rickard Liljeberg 23 posts 114 karma points
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 10:55
    Rickard Liljeberg

Thank you for great replies.

I will do it like a document type and then look into the suggestions about how to list them best!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft