Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hardflip89 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 20, 2015 @ 22:21
    hardflip89

ezSearch not looking inside content properties..

I'm using ezSearch for my website but i'm having problems getting proper results.

It seems that ezSearch only looks inside meta description and the names of content pages, it's not looking inside the properties of content pages like rich texts and such.

I've tried rebuilding indexes in the developer section but that doesn't do anything. I'm using the latest Umbraco/ezSearch.

Anyone that can help me out?

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("ezSearch", new { hideFromSearchField = "", indexType = "CONTENT", pageSize = "10", previewFields = "", previewLength = "100", rootContentNodeId = "-1", rootMediaNodeId = "", searchFields = "", searchFormLocation = "TOP" })

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 20, 2015 @ 22:46
    Dennis Aaen

Hi hardflip89,

Have you seen the documentation for the ezSearch if not try have a look here, https://our.umbraco.org/media/wiki/74421/635065665848673870_ezSearch-Documentation-v10.pdf

What you need to do is to pass ind the fields, that you want to search in and you need to pass them in by there alias. It could be if you have a property on your text page named bodyText and heading then, it should be.

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("ezSearch", new { hideFromSearchField = "", indexType = "CONTENT", pageSize = "10", previewFields = "heading,bodyText", previewLength = "100", rootContentNodeId = "-1", rootMediaNodeId = "", searchFields = "bodyText,heading", searchFormLocation = "TOP" })

And you can specify which fields you want to search in the the preview of the search results.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• hardflip89 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 19:02
    hardflip89

Thanks for your reply, you are right, should read documentations more. :)

I assumed ezSearch would handle it by default, I was wrong.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft