Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Andersson 4 posts 75 karma points
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 12:59
    Robert Andersson

You have unsaved changes dialog - I think it has something to do with the uploader

Hello!

I am getting a weird issue in the back office.

I have a document type, that is using the upload picker (for .svg files in this case).

1. I choose my .svg file. and press save and publish (get the green confirmation), the upload field changes to display the path to the file.

2. I leave the content for something else and get the "You have unsaved changes - Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" with the choice to: Discard changes or Stay

I don't loose anything if i discard changes, and i see no indication of what might be changed.

I think this has to do with the uploader, since i encountered it most times by doing the above 1-2. But i can also get it randomly if i go back and forth between two of the contents with this document type. It will work maybe 3-4 times going back and forth between the same to contents, then it will give me the dialog. then work a couple of times, and so on.

I does get better if i delete umbraco.config and reload the backoffice, but then it will resurface again after going back and forth between content without changing anything.

Any ideas as to how i might isolate the issue and or solve it completely?

I have tried using another type of media, ie a jpg but i get the same behaviour.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 15:50
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Robert,

Do you have custom property editor on the page ? Problem can be as described in this article - http://www.nathanw.com.au/blog/suppressing-dirty-checking-in-umbraco-dashboard-inputs

Try to add 'no-dirty-check' directive to inputs which you have.

Thanks, Alex

• Robert Andersson 4 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 12:00
    Robert Andersson

Thank you for the reply and suggestion Alex!

That didn't seem to be it though, rather it seemed to be caused by caching issues. It's sorted now and no longer an issue.

• Alexander 8 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Jan 15, 2019 @ 08:36
    Alexander

hello

Can i ask you what was the solution for your issue? i think i am having the same problem on my project.

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft