Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin McMahon 69 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 23:04
    Martin McMahon

Umbraco version 7.3.1 Content disappeared

I am working on a site locally and when I logged in tonight all the content I have added over the last week. Images missing from Media and loads of new pages added since last week no longer there. All the changes I made to templates and document types are still there.

Is there anyway to get content back? I'm also worried that if I spend time recreating then it will happen again.

Thanks

Umbraco version 7.3.1 assembly: 1.0.5780.28249

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 02:29
    Nicholas Westby

Have you looked at the audit trail for the content that apparently reverted? If they were new nodes, have you looked in the recycle bin? Does somebody else have access to your site?

Could it be that your hosting provider reverted to an old backup?

• Martin McMahon 69 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 09:21
    Martin McMahon

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked at the audit trail on the node that had content under it and can see entries for all the days I worked on it but reverting to any of these doesn't bring the child nodes back.

When I look in the logs folder in App_Data I can see references to he nodes I had added.

When I look in the cache folder and drill down I can see images that had been uploaded but are no longer there.

There is no hosting provider, still running locally on my laptop.

The changes IO made to templates and document types are all there, just the content and media tabs that have work missing.

It will take a while to recreate but I can do that, my main concern is that this will happen again so I'd like to figure out a reason why everything has gone.

Cheers

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Dec 23, 2015 @ 04:09
    Nicholas Westby

Are you using WebMatrix and SQL Server CE? I've heard of some weird things happen when using that combination with Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft