Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ABHISHEK KUMAR 13 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 28, 2015 @ 11:03
    ABHISHEK KUMAR

Style in Tiny Mce

Hi Everyone,

In Tiny Mce Editor I need to write a style which will 1.> Apply on a part of the line. 2.> Will wrap the selected part in ... tag.

The style em {em} is being applied on the whole paragraph. Which doesnt fullfill 1st createria.

Same I need to do with the q tag. I nned to select some part of line and put it inside "..... " quotation. If I write q{q} it is applied on the whole paragraph instead of selected part of paragraph.

Thanks

Abhishek

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Dec 28, 2015 @ 12:51
    Stefan Kip

The only thing I read is "I need" instead of asking a question. It might help if you ask a real question and describe what you've already tried.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Dec 30, 2015 @ 20:44
    Charles Afford

Can you not do this in the tiny mce by selected the text and then selecting the style from the dropdown menu? You used to be able to? I am probably muissing something here :)

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 03:51
    Robert Foster

Styles in the Rich Text editor are limited - you can either define a style on a generic tag (H1, H2, P etc.) or as a named class which will wrap whatever you have highlighted in a span with the class name applied.

Examples:

If I have a class named .quote I can do this:

/**umb_name:Quote*/
    .quote {
        font-weight: bold;
    }

.quote:after {     
        content: '\201D';
    }

.quote:before {
        content: '\201C';
    }

Then when I apply the style to a selected word or words (highlighted below) in a paragraph like so:

The quick fox jumped over the lazy dog

the html becomes

<p>The quick fox <span class="quote">jumped over the</span> lazy dog</p>

and should in theory be rendered something like this:

The quick fox "jumped over the" lazy dog

You can also create styles that change the element of a block of text by specifying the element as the selector like so:

/**umb_name:Heading 1*/
    H2 {
    }

/**umb_name:Heading 2*/
    H3 {
    }

/**umb_name:Body Text*/
    p {
    }

If you then click on a paragraph and choose the "Heading 1" style from the drop down the paragraph will be converted to a H2 with the default styling.

It's worth noting that not all tags can be converted or have classes applied - img tags for example are ignored.

Hopefully this helps clarify things...

• ABHISHEK KUMAR 13 posts 103 karma points
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 06:12
    ABHISHEK KUMAR

Hi Robert Foster,

Thanks I too figure out the same thing that you have given as solution. As when I were writing styles for h1 and earlier style with tag h1 and since h1 is a block css element it was being applied on whole paragraph, so I wrote a class for it with the class name h1, and it is being applied on the selected part as span tag. So I am using ... . Your answer will help me to justify the way I used for the solution. :)

Thanks,

Abhishek Kumar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft