Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Dec 29, 2015 @ 10:19
    Anders Brohus

Backup MSSQL db

Hi,

How do you guys backup the MSSQL database? Because the only method i have found that works is using the SQL Tools in Visual Studio, then i compare the schema and then data.

Then it works, but is there a better way that is faster?

Because i just script the database within MSSQL Management Studio and taking schema and data then it looks like it works, BUT when i then try to create a new item or save an existing item in the Umbraco backend it gives me an error

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 07:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

Hmm, usually scripting the db seems to be working fine - What does the error message you get say?

/Jan

Jan 04, 2016 @ 08:16
    Anders Brohus

When i script the db, it also works fine but when i want to edit a page it gives me and error with Identity :-(

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 08:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

But what kind of error? What does the error say? Screendump or copy/paste perhaps? :)

/Jan

Jan 04, 2016 @ 10:41
    Anders Brohus

Oh i see xD

I can't remember what it says other then the identity error, and i haven't much time to make it display the error :-(

Jan 28, 2016 @ 12:37
    Anders Brohus

Hi Jan :-)

The error i get is the following

Received an error from the server
    An error occurred

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'WorldCareers.dbo.cmsContentVersion'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
     The statement has been terminated.

EXCEPTION DETAILS:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'WorldCareers.dbo.cmsContentVersion'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
     The statement has been terminated.

I get this error after an "Import/Export" in MSSQL when i try to update or insert a new node.

How should scripts be created? Because if i try to use a generated script it gives me error with relations :-/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft