Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mircea Stanciu 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 13:31
    Mircea Stanciu

Custom sql tables with petapoco and mvc routing

I have a large sql database that I've added connection to web.config. In this database I have listed some services, each row having an id, serviceName, serviceDescription, serviceSummary, serviceBilling.

Using petapoco, as described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtzyrEFG7I i managed to create a view were i can display data.

This is my petapoco model

[TableName("[datatable].[dbo].[vw_servicii]")]
    [PrimaryKey("Id", autoIncrement = true)]

public class Service{

public int Id { get; set; }
        public int serviceName{ get; set; }
        public string serviceDescription{ get; set; }
        public string serviceSummary{ get; set; }
        public string serviceBilling{ get; set; }}

then there is this controller that getsAll and get by id:

public class ServiceController
    {

public static IList<Service> GetAll()
        {
            UmbracoDatabase db = ApplicationContext.Current.DatabaseContext.Database;
            return db.Fetch<Service>("SELECT * FROM [datatable].[dbo].[vw_servicii] WHERE Id = 201000002");
        }

public static IList<Servicii> GetAllById(int ServiciuConsularId)
        {
            UmbracoDatabase db = ApplicationContext.Current.DatabaseContext.Database;
            return db.Fetch<Service>("SELECT * FROM [datatable].[dbo].[vw_servicii] WHERE Id= @0 ", Id);
        }

}

My view does this foreach grab of data

@foreach (var serv in ServiceController.GetAll())
    {
        foreach (var serv in ServController.GetAllById(201000001))
        { <p>@serv.serviceName</p>}

If i go to /viewName i can see the data. But i need to control the rendering of data with the url. Each product (row in database) must have 3 templates: one to display description, one to display summary, and the last to display the billing data. I should end up with an structure like: /serviceName/templatetype/id.

A real case would be :

assurance/description/201000001 

,were the view would display data from the serviceDescription database column querying "where serviceName=assurance and id =201000001", in the description template . For the same id the url assurance/billing/201000001 would render data from serviceBilling database column using billing template.

I can't figure out how to tie petapoco with custom mvc routing. Can i do this withoud manualy creating nodes in umbraco's admin?

kind regard, Mircea

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft