Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Since yesterday myself and our editor team are all experiencing an intermittent 417 missing token error in the back office.
We're running Umbraco 7.3.4
We've followed the advice to logout, clear all cookies, cache and local storage and log back in which seems to restore functionality for a while and then we're seeing the issue return.
I've cleared the App_Data directory and tried cycling the app instance (we're hosted on Azure) but nothing seems to help.
Everyone is using Chrome although I will suggest they try a different browser in case it's related to a browser update.
The last release / code change to this site was back in the middle of December and this issue has only started yesterday.
I've checked the following similar threads and tried the suggestions within them to no avail:
Does anyone have any advice?
Further update: I can see this error shows when either the XSRF-TOKEN is not found in the cookie or the request header (it needs to be in both).
I can verify the browser is sending both through the debug console and can see the cookie arriving in the IIS logs on Azure (I'm trying to work out how to view custom headers in IIS logs to confirm X-XSRF-TOKEN header is making it).
It turns out we have another site on a subdomain which was setting what I believe is an old style ASP.NET session cookie (__KBCookie__) on the main domain which seemed to be tripping up the admin panel.
Whenever visiting that site (which we happened to be porting into Umbraco) it would cause this 417 missing token null error.
Just in case anyone gets this problem in future - check all the cookies for something like this!
Umbraco 7.2.8 -- Server 2012 sp1
removing KB4014604 fixed the issue for us
Hi, we have an Umbraco 7.2 running live for about a year and a half. Since a week and a half it started throwing this error.
We checked all the above things like the security update, the subdomeain etc.
Anyone else know a solution for this?
Had similar - see https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/4138
In case people still have this issue and are hosting on Azure:
I had the same issue as presented here, where the "UMB-XSRF-TOKEN" and "UMB-XSRF-V" token were not set after an Umbraco login, causing the backoffice to be a blank page, and getting a 417 code back when calling the Umbraco Backoffice API.
I noticed that these two cookies are session cookies, and seeing that this was only the case on our Azure environment, and not local, led me to think that it had to do with how our Azure environment handled sessions.
I got this issue resolved by completely removing the <sessionState> node in our web.config:
<sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider"> <providers> <add name="DefaultSessionProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultSessionStateProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" /> </providers> </sessionState>
The problem lies within the "mode=InProc", which makes Azure not handle sessions correctly.
Maybe if you have a custom SessionStateProvider already configured (e.g. mode="Custom", not mode="InProc") it is not a good idea to remove this piece of code.
After updating the web.config and restarting the Azure app, everything worked fine.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted