Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Katie 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 16:42
    Katie

Landing Pages and Urls and pdf downloads

I Need HELP!!! I am completely lost. I need to create 5 separate landing pages that have a title and pdf. I don't want the file to have to be manually downloaded. I want it to appear when the person goes to the page. I also do not want to have the pages show up in navigation. I also need 5 separate URLs for each page.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 16:37
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Katie,

Can you provide your Umbraco structure? What version are you using ?

Thanks

Jan 07, 2016 @ 16:42
    Katie

Thanks for responding Alex. I am new and my designer left so I have no ideas about structure....the version is Umbraco version 7.2.8 assembly: 1.0.5675.23466

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 21:51
    NDDT

Hi Katie,

can your landingpages already store pdfs?

If not, you can add a new Document-Type inheriting all Properties of Landingpage and add a Property to store the PDFs (choose Propertytype MediaPicker).

Then you change the Template file of the Document-Type. You could use something like this to output your PDFs:

<embed src="@Umbraco.Media(Umbraco.Field("pdf").ToString()).Url" width="500" height="375" type='application/pdf'>

At last just create 5 pages of that Type and add your PDFs.

About the URLs: Do you need five Urls leading to each of the Pages or one URL each? What form do you want them to have?

Jan 07, 2016 @ 22:06
    Katie

Thanks so much...I need 5 URLs

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 22:33
    NDDT

Thats actually very easy:

Go to your Documenttype and create a new Property with the alias "umbracoUrlAlias" and of type text string.

Lets say your URL ist something like this: http://www.yourdomain.de/path/somemorepath/sitename

Go to your content and add additional paths to the newly created field like this:

/secondname, /path/somepath/newname2, /path/newname3, /newname4, /completlydiffrentpath/name

Your Content will now be additionally availible under these URLS:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft