Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Quiroz 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 23:20
    Daniel Quiroz

Can't see any images and other pages only main one, when moving site to production server

Hi, i create my first Umbraco website, i use fanoe starterkit and work's fine on my PC, the problem is when i upload to the production server, i just can see the main page but without images on it, i change in the database table the server path to my domain name and i still having the same problem, i'm starting to frustrate with this issue. if somebody can help me i will be grateful. thanks, DQ

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 11:23
    Dave Woestenborghs

Daniel,

Did you upload the media folder. If you published from visual studio I think this folder is not included in the deploy.

Dave

• Aaron 7 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 08, 2016 @ 01:51
    Aaron

I am experiencing the same issue. To take this a little further with some of the research that I have done to try and figure this out, I am getting 500 error messages with the images on the page and then I get the following error when I try to navigate to the individual images.

screenshot

I have verified that the images are in the right directory on the server and it even happens when I try to reference a new file that I upload to the media section. I have a feeling that it has to do with the caching of the site but I don't know how to fix it. I have republished the entire tree but I still get the errors. Has anyone else seen this and fixed it? If you want me to post the error from the logs, I can do that too.

• Jon R. Humphrey 164 posts 455 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2016 @ 02:10
    Jon R. Humphrey

Daniel & Aaron,

How did you transfer the files to the new server?

Are you sure the permissions for the site are set at the directory level?

Did you experience any timeouts in the file transfer if you used ftp?

What's the specs on the new locations and do they match the local servers?

Jon

Jan 08, 2016 @ 02:22
    Aaron

I published mine through Visual Studio. The permissions are read/write for the entire site and I don't have any timeouts either. The images were showing on my site for a while but when I upgraded from 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 and published it was when they quit working.

Jan 10, 2016 @ 21:13
    Aaron

I was able to get this fixed using the suggestion in this post - https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/72557-access-denied-for-all-images. I just wanted to update this thread just in case someone finds this post and has this problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft