Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Skafte 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 12:14
    Niels Skafte

Umbraco Forms - content from previous steps disappears if user spends long time filling out form

Hi all

I've stumbled upon a bit of a problem when using multi-step forms.

On our site we have quite a few rather extensive customer inquiry forms and similar. Therefore splitting these forms into more manageable steps for the user is much preferred. However after doing that, we started to experience that some form submissions came back with empty fields - specifically all fields that were placed in the first steps of the multi-step form.

After testing a bit, I found that if a user spends 15/20 minutes on one step in a multi-step form, all info filled out in previous steps will be "forgotten" and thus will not be submitted in the end.

In our specific case this meant that we got a lot of customer support inquiries with a long description of the problems customers were facing... but all of the customer contact info from the first step was never submitted, making it impossible for us to actually help the customers... Not quite an ideal situation :)

So: Have anyone else stumbled upon multi-step forms "forgetting" previous steps? And is there a solution for this (I haven't been able to find anything in the forums)?

Running Umbraco 7.2.8. Tested in Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks in advance and have a great week.

Kind regards Niels

Ps. I'm a mere editor - not a developer - so you might have to dumb down your answers a bit, if I am to understand them. I apologize in advance :)

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 12:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Niels and welcome to our :-),

I think that you have hit into this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-733

As Tim writes in his answer you can upgrade to the latest nightly build of Umbraco Forms 4.2

Here you have an updated link to the Umbraco Forms nigthly builds. http://nightly.umbraco.org/?container=umbraco-forms-nightlies

/Dennis

• Niels Skafte 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 12:38
    Niels Skafte

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the swift reply! :)

That sounds very much like the same issue - nice to know that it's fixable.

I'll talk to our developers - we might just wait a bit and do a more thourough overhaul of everything when Umbraco 7.4 is released as stable (which I am eagerly awaiting! :D ).

Thanks again.

/ Niels

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft