Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Christensen 61 posts 215 karma points
    Jan 08, 2016 @ 11:09
    Morten Christensen

Random 404 in Azure Umbraco 7.3.4

We have a site running Umbraco 7.3.4 in Azure, on a Standard S3 config.

Over the past week, our site is starting to throw a lot of 404 on random pages.. It happens randomly almost every day. The site has been online in Azure for about 3 month, and it just started now.

If we do a Republish Site in umbraco, everything goes back to normal and the site is working again. So I think somehting is wrong with the cache.

Could this be something with Azure and disks?

The Umbraco log contains no error, and the extended logging feature in Azure contains no error. We also followed the Umbraco-Azure-guide before deployment.

Anyone knows whats going on?

• Dan Roddis 57 posts 241 karma points
    Jan 08, 2016 @ 14:25
    Dan Roddis

We're also on Azure and have noticed similar things.

If you look at the pages which are missing on the Properties tab and look at the Link to document does it say anything there?

We've had random pages seem to fail and this tab would show 'Oops! This document is published but not in the cache' or something along those lines.

We changed our settings so that Umbraco.config ran in machine temp ( umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp) instead of living in APP_DATA and it hasn't been a problem since - I guess the filesystem couldn't keep up with the changes.

Hope this helps - let me know how you get on.

Dan

Jan 09, 2016 @ 07:45
    Morten Christensen

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your answer!

The "Link to document" property is a normal link as always when the page is 404ed.

I have never used the "umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp" before, and I cant find it in my v 7.3.4. Is this for old umbraco versions? I cant find much on google either.

• Dan Roddis 57 posts 241 karma points
    Jan 09, 2016 @ 08:31
    Dan Roddis

Hi Morten,

We're using it in 7.3.4 - when I'm not on mobile I'll find you a link to the relevant docs although it is possibly a different issue than what we've seen.

How high is your debugging level on the umbraco log? It may be worth temporarily increasing it to see if you can get anymore out of it on the failed request?

I can't claim to be an Umbraco expert but hopefully if we tease out more details if we can get to the bottom of it - or at least interest more of the community.

Jan 09, 2016 @ 16:18
    Morten Christensen

Hi Dan,

I've set the umbraco log to WARN level now, and added the umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp = true. I will keep an eye on for the next 24 hours! Thanks!

Jan 27, 2016 @ 05:55
    Morten Christensen

Hi Dan,

So we had the site running for a couple of weeks now with no problems. But yesterday some pages 404'ed again. We had a small load on the site yesterday, so maybe this happens when the site is under a load?

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 09, 2016 @ 10:38
    Morten Christensen

The mentioned UmbracoSettings.config element is mentioned here (Under Umbraco configuration): https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/load-balancing/files-shared

HTH, (the first) Morten Christensen :)

Jan 09, 2016 @ 16:19
    Morten Christensen

Thanks Morten! ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft