Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Koko 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 10, 2016 @ 15:43
    Koko

umbraco site not displaying css styles

Hi,

I am new to umbraco and I am currently working on a site using VB and browsing the site on localHost. The issue is that I have placed the css files in the umbraco Stylesheets folder but when I view the site the styles are not showing.

html code in the header in the Master template:

Can anyone help me as to what is causing this or what am I missing?

Many Thanks for your advise and help.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 10, 2016 @ 16:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Koko and welcome to our :-)

Your reference to the css file in your master template should look like this, Just remember to change the name of the stylesheet so it match your name of the stylesheet.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/style.css" />

If this is not working another thing that you should check is this:

Try open up site in IIS.

Click on Authentication --> Right Click on Anonymous Authentication and select Edit --> Change to use Application Pool Identity for Anonymous user identity.

Click OK and then bounce the App Pool.

Hope this help,s

/Dennis

• Koko 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 10, 2016 @ 16:25
    Koko

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have fixed the stylesheet reference. However the issue still stands.

I have not done the umbraco installation in a server and I am not using IIS because its currently not working properly.

I have installed the umbraco in the VB IDE on my PC locally. I know this is not a good approach, I am only trying to practice and trying to fix my server and IIS as well. Until I fix that I want to continue with the site practicing my umbraco skills.

Is there any other thing I can do to fix the styles or any changes I need to make in the web.config file? Also the .js files are not working either. I believe if I fix the styles then I would be able to fix the .js files as well.

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 10, 2016 @ 18:06
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Koko,

Try to see this thread, perhaps ti can help you a step further https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/32901-Localhost-site-not-showing-JS-CSS-and-Images.

And make sure that you have the right file and folder permissions on your Umbraco installation regarding to this documentation, https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Saltuk 8 posts 98 karma points
    Sep 10, 2020 @ 05:00
    Saltuk

for me this syntax is work

Html.RequiresCssFolder("/css");

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft