Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Bula 13 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 11, 2016 @ 14:35
    Josh Bula

DatePicker not saving

I created a new Document Type, and added a Date Picker property. When I create a new document using it, the date won't save.

I searched the problem and found that there is a possible fix here:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/u7-grid-data-type/questions-bugs-issues-feedback/70317-datepicker-not-populating-correctly-umbraco-728

....but this doesn't seem to work for 7.3.x, and even if it did I don't want to modify the source code because it will be lost every time I update.

As a workaround I changed that property to a TextBox instead, and that worked for about a week but then all of a sudden I was getting the error on this issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2401

Nothing in the site would work anymore. I had to open up SSMS and go into the database to change that data type back to a DateTime Picker.

But, now the date's not saving anymore. I go to edit an entry and the date is always blank.

Please help :)

• Leo 22 posts 93 karma points
    Jan 11, 2016 @ 19:52
    Leo

Have you checked the Umbraco logs in App_Data/Logs to see if you get an error showing up in there when trying to save?

• Josh Bula 13 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 13, 2016 @ 21:26
    Josh Bula

It may be more of a display issue on the back office page when editing. It seems to be saving the date, just not displaying the date previously entered when going in to edit the entry.

Here's the error I'm seeing in the log:

2016-01-13 15:36:27,844 [P3096/D3/T119] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - Content 'William Foster Tribute Video' with Id '1583' has been published.
     2016-01-13 15:36:31,956 [P3096/D3/T68] INFO  umbraco.content - Save Xml to file...
     2016-01-13 15:36:31,962 [P3096/D3/T110] INFO  umbraco.content - Saved Xml to file.
     2016-01-13 15:36:46,219 [P3096/D3/T110] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - Failed (at "http://fba.flmusiced.org:80/umbraco").
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.<PerformRunAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft