Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 07:38
    Nelson

How to get the value from Approved Color

Hi guys!

I set up my own grid editor with LeBlender, and I want to add the Approved Color Datatype to it. I already added the colors of choice, but I'm not able to access its value from mypartial view. What I have in my partial template is the following:

<div class="box" style="background-color:item.GetValue("backgroundColor")">

How can I get the color code picked from the Approved Color?

Many thanks!

Jan 22, 2016 @ 01:51
    Nelson

Please help! I've been trying to find a solution for the past days but so far didnt found any! Would really appreciate some help on this!

Thank you very much!

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1281 posts 3992 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 07:57
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Nelson

Have you tried with the following?

<div class="box" style="background-color: #@item.GetPropertyValue("backgroundColor")">

I think the Approved Color datatype returns the selected value without hex "#".

/Bjarne

Jan 22, 2016 @ 08:32
    Nelson

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!!! And something so simple :) Perhaps you can give me an extra help with something else: I'm creating another grid editor, and one of the parameters is a link which I configured to be inputed as a text string. I'm using this format:

<a href="@Umbraco.TypedContent(item.GetValue<string>("link") ).Url">

but somehow I get this message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've tried many ways to put this to work, but so far none worked out. Do I need to use any other property type (not text string)? I tried ti use Related Links, but it didnt work as well

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your help!

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1281 posts 3992 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 09:24
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

It is probably because item.GetValue

Which datatype are you using for the link? If it is an internal link you can use Content Picker, which store a node id.

First you should check that this return a value (in /App_Data/umbraco.config you should be able to find something like < link>1234< /link>

@item.GetPropertyValue("link")

as default it is of type string, so the same as

@item.GetPropertyValue<string>("link")

the latter specify the output type: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Templating/Mvc/views

/Bjarne

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft