Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 13:54
    Roger Withnell

How set permissions to publish a new page

I have multiple sites on one Umbraco instance.

On one of the sites, my customer wants a user who can only create, update and publish in one of the site's nodes, called Document Library. This node has child nodes that are document folders that contain nodes of document files.

I have created a new user, Writer1, and started the node in Document Library and given access to the Content and Media sections.

I've assigned a new user type, Writer1, and unchecked all the default permissions.

In Writer1 in User permissions, I checked "Document library" and checked: Browse node; Delete; Create; Publish; and Update and checked "Replace child node permissions" and then clicked "Save". This adds these permissions to all the children of "Document Library".

If I now sign in as Writer1, Content shows Document Library which I can expand to show the document folders and document files. If I open any of these nodes, "Save and Publish" is displayed so I can update any of them.

However, when I want to create a folder in Document Library, clicking the ellipsis gives me the appropriate document type but when the properties are displayed, there is no "Save and Publish" button. The same thing happens if I want to add a file to one of the existing folders; select the document type but no "Save and Publish" button.

What am I doing wrong?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft