Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sunnefa 22 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 14:54
    Sunnefa

Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderRouteHandler filling my log files

My log file keeps getting the following entries:

2016-01-08 04:59:09,395 [75] WARN Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderRouteHandler - [T14/D4] The current Document Type Staff matches a locally declared controller of type Umbraco.Extensions.Controllers.StaffController. Custom Controllers for Umbraco routing must implement 'Umbraco.Web.Mvc.IRenderMvcController' and inherit from 'System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase'.

How can I turn this warning off? I'd like to keep all other warnings but just turn this logging off because the log file keeps getting very big and I'm trying to limit what goes into it. The thing is, we are not using route hijacking but we do create controllers based on the document types we have, which is probably the reason for this warning appearing. The question is, is there a way to turn it off for a particular site?

Thanks in advance,

Sunnefa

• Shraddha G 5 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 09:09
    Shraddha G

Hello,

Recently we deployed our Umbraco application on client's live server, and I see lot of warnings (shown below) in our log files. What is the best way to stop these warnings? Should I do code changes?

WARN: Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderRouteHandler - The current Document Type content matches a locally declared controller of type XX.Web.ContentController. Custom Controllers for Umbraco routing must implement 'Umbraco.Web.Mvc.IRenderController' and inherit from 'System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase'

Some people suggest to update code, so every controller class inherits "RenderMvcController". Will it stop the above warnings?

public class HomeController : Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft