Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 04:53
    Terry Clancy

Problem upgrading from Umbraco 7.3.0 to 7.3.4 using Nuget

Dear Umbraco Folk,

I just attempted to upgrade from Umbraco 7.3.0 to 7.3.4 using Nuget and the instructions at

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general 

After the upgrade appeared to complete successfully I have encountered the following issues:

(1) When I restarted Umbraco After the Upgrade the Umbraco Installer did not run.

(2) The Nuget Package manager indicates that 7.3.4 is installed but Web.config includes the following line indicating that Umbraco is still at 7.3.0:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.3.0" />

Any help understanding what I may have done wrong in the upgrade, or how to overcome this, would be appreciated.

Terry Clancy

ClanceZ

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 05:07
    Nicholas Westby

That can happen if your Visual Studio solution has multiple projects, and each project is reference a different version of Umbraco. For example, if you updated your website to use Umbraco 7.3.4, but your class library is still using 7.3.0, a rebuild of the project could drop the binaries for Umbraco 7.3.0 into your bin folder, which would prevent the installer from running.

Jan 14, 2016 @ 08:11
    Terry Clancy

Thanks Nicholas,

Actually my Solution has only one Project, so I am still not sure what is going on.

Thanks anyway

Terry Clancy

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 09:22
    Jeavon Leopold

That's normal, on first run, Umbraco will run it's migration wizard which will make changes to the database and once complete will update the umbracoConfigurationStatus value

Jan 14, 2016 @ 22:26
    Terry Clancy

Thank you Jeavon,

But actually the Umbraco Installer / Migration Wizard never appeard to run ? That is the issue - not sure:

Why it did not run ? or, How to check if it ran ? or, How to force it to run ?

Thanks

Terry Clancy

ClanceZ

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 09:32
    Jeavon Leopold

After you updated using NuGet did you save your csproj? It sounds like your references may not have been updated and so your Dll's are still 7.3.0, perhaps you could check the path to Umbraco.Core.dll?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 22:54
    Nicholas Westby

Can you use some sort of diff tool (e.g., WinMerge) to compare the DLL's that come with the Umbraco 7.3.4 ZIP file to ensure they are identical to the DLL's in the bin folder of your website?

Also, you'll want to check your logs in ~/App_Data/Logs to see if they offer any clues.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft