Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Hansen 12 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 20:24
    Patrick Hansen

Could not retrieve media 0 from Examine index

Hey everyone!

We recently discovered some perfomance issues with one of our websites. We are running Umbraco 7.3.4.

The log is filled with:

WARN Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - Could not retrieve media 0 from examine index, reverting to looking up media via legacy library.GetMedia method

We initially thought it was an Azure issue, but it's happening locally as well.

Tried re-indexing and it didn't cause any issues. The site runs fine for a while (few hours) and then it starts getting slower and slower until it times out.

Any suggestions?

• Sunnefa 22 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 09:58
    Sunnefa

This is the exact same problem we have. We are also running on Azure though we haven't tried this locally, just updated to 7.3.4 this week.

@Patrick have you found any solution at all?

• Patrick Hansen 12 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 25, 2016 @ 12:39
    Patrick Hansen

Not yet, it's happening in our dev enviroment as well. Haven't had the time to troubleshoot it yet, will most likely debug it this weekend

• David van de Vliet 14 posts 115 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 16:50
    David van de Vliet

I think I found the reason for this message in the log.

I found in version control that since 7-7-2015 these events are logged when lucene does not return a cached item.

Since the following change media items in the Recycle Bin are not cacheable. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/949447c25fa05f83fed47594d93ce92267c40221

In my case this message showed up because I had media still linked in the website but the media item was in the recycle bin. The images showed up because they were not deleted and the fall back function fetches the item by Id from the database.

Not sure what the best fix is for this situation.

It would be nice if we could see in the CMS which items are linking to the media item.

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 16:56
    Jason Espin

Hi David,

I've not used this but yet was meaning to take a look. It helps to establish a link between media items and the content that use them. It might help next time around since you mentioned it would be helpful if the CMS did this:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/media-content-usage/

Cheers,

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft