Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 20:55
    Openfield Creative

Null Reference error when trying to view doctypes

When I try to view any template in the back office, I get the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." YSOD in the right hand pane where the template would normally display. In the settings menu, I can see the list of all of my templates, they just all error out.

There are only two things about this installation that are different from what I usually do. The first is that I had originally set this up using a SQLCE database, but then decided to export that to SQL Express(which is what I usually use). The second is that I'm using route hijacking for the first time.

Everything else on the site seems to be working fine. All the pages display on the front end just fine, and I've not run into any other troubles in the back office.

Has anyone run across something like this before. I'm using version 7.3.4

Updating this cause I found a few more areas that aren't working. I get the same error for anything in the Partial Views folder and the Partial View Macro Files folder. Stylesheets and Scripts load just fine.

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Sep 14, 2016 @ 15:42
    Brett Spencer

I am having the same problem with my Partial Views / Macros...

I have always used SQL Dbase and I am also using Route Hijacking, but this should have nothing to do with Control Panel reading the content of the Views.

OH... just upgraded from 7.2.8 to 7.3.0

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 20:05
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft