Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Roddis 57 posts 241 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 11:45
    Dan Roddis

umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp Cache Error on Azure

Hi all,

We're using Umbraco 7.3.4 on Azure and we've again been struck by an issue where Azure moves our machine and because the cache file can't be found (we're using local temp, not APP_DATA - although we've had this issue with both ways) the site trips over and can't find any content on the front-end which makes the site unavailable.

2016-01-17 18:41:23,305 [P3572/D2/T1] ERROR umbraco.content - Failed to load Xml from file.
       System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

As the content exists in the database I was hoping that this cache file could be automatically rebuilt - it's easily fixed logging in and republishing the content - but typically happens during the weekend when nobody is around to quickly correct it.

I'm working on reproducing this issue on our staging environment but is anyone aware of any configuration we are missing to prevent this or does it sound like a bug?

Thanks,

Dan

• James Strugnell 84 posts 192 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 14:36
    James Strugnell

We literally just saw this same issue, we're on 7.3.1. We had just deployed a configuration update to change from App_Data to Local Temp so I didn't see it as an issue that the file couldn't be found. It didn't cause any downtime either so I just assumed that this is the expected course of events.

Interested to see what anyone else has to say though.

• Dan Roddis 57 posts 241 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 15:49
    Dan Roddis

In our case there was a small outage until we republished everything.

I've not been able to reproduce it on our staging or local environment by deleting the cache xml file and messing around with the permissions - it seems to work regardless.

I wonder if it's something to do with the way these Azure app service migrations work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft