Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Mulder 15 posts 86 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 16:00
    Thomas Mulder

After validation failed: Document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)

After reading a lot of messages, posts, questions and bug reports that concern the "Oops: document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)" message, I found that a lot of people have this problem in load balanced environments, some have this problem after installing packages, and some others experience this in a simple setup.

I find myself in this last category, but where a lot of people aren't sure about the origin of this error (the message is not the error itself, but a symptom of something going wrong somewhere) and are not able to reproduce it.

This message is occurring very regularly on my site, and I finally am able to reproduce it. If I've missed a post somewhere that already addresses this same scenario, you are welcome to point it out, well possible that I've missed a solution between all the talk about load balancing etc. :-)

To reproduce the error:

• Create a new item
    • Fill in all fields, BUT FORGET A MANDATORY FIELD
    • Press "Save and publish"
    • Umbraco warns you about the field, so you fill it in.
    • Press "Save and publish" again.
    • Umbraco tells you it's all good: "Content published: and visible at the website"
    • Click the properties tab and find out that your item is in fact NOT published when you see the error "Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)"
    • Only "Republish entire site" fixes this...

So... First question: can someone else reproduce this? If not, I probably wrote some bad code that I will have to smoke out. If so... Next question: what do I do about it?

The exact Umbraco version is: 7.2.1

Thanks in advance for thinking with me!

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 08:53
    Tajamal

Hi Thomas

I encountered the same problem right now.

I changed Document Type with new property values. updated my root page/homepage and every page below and children lost their url.

I tried updating the pages manually but that is not a solution i like. Have you got around this problem , please share ?

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 09:42
    Tajamal

OK, here is what i did on my local machine where i was experincing problems.

I deleted everything in APP_DATA..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft