Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 08:50
    Simon Dingley

Scheduled Tasks First Run

When are scheduled tasks first run? Is it when the application starts up and then as per the interval or is it the first occurrence of the interval after the application starts up?

I need a scheduled task to run only once every 24 hours but at a specific time as it is quite an intensive process that can degrade use of the site whilst it runs so it needs to run out of office hours.

I'm guessing I need to either extend the existing scheduled task system or use another solution that allows more control?

Thanks, Simon

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 09:29
    Ismail Mayat

Simon,

In the past I have used console app and run it using windows scheduler as I know it will run on time.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 19, 2016 @ 09:43
    Simon Dingley

Thanks Ismail, I've done similar by calling a wget style console app but wondered if in v7 I could keep this with the other scheduled tasks but I guess not.

I might take a look at how easily it could be extended as I think it would be a useful feature.

Cheers, Simon

Jan 25, 2016 @ 09:00
    Simon Dingley

The task I need to run actually calls a web api method on a controller that inherits from UmbracoAuthorizedApiController so I'm not even sure the Umbraco task scheduler can be used regardless of the start date/time issue.

I'm hoping to get some time to look at this further this week but might have to rethink the whole thing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft