Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 16:21
    Christine
    0

    Upgrading to 7.3 Authorize Upgrade view blank

    I'm trying to upgrade umbraco 7.1 to 7.3 in Visual Studio 2012. I updated via NuGet and when I view in Google Chrome i'm getting to this url umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a50333%252f

    and the page is blank with no error message (i can see a black background with the Umbraco logo).

    Any help with this issue?

    I did the hard cache clear and i'm getting a lot of js errors

    enter image description here

  • Bijesh Tank 192 posts 419 karma points
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 16:59
    Bijesh Tank
    0

    Hi Christine,

    It might be worth looking at this post which should hopefully resolve your issue.

    Chrome could also be the culprit as it heavily caches. Also worth clearing the cookies and clearing out the cache.

    /B

  • Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 18:00
    Christine
    0

    Thanks for the refering link. I think I made some progress. I did check the webconfig and umbraco dll versions. They do match now.

    I have the following js errors.....could that be why my issue persists?

    Edit to add: I have cleared all caches and even viewed in a brand new browser (IE), but the same issue is occurring.

    enter image description here

  • Per 9 posts 82 karma points
    Feb 13, 2016 @ 13:36
    Per
    0

    Did you manage to solve this?

    I have the same problem upgrading from 7.3.1 to 7.4.0 using NuGet.

    My web.config looks like this:

        <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.4.0" />
        ....
      <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" batch="false" targetFramework="4.5" debug="true">
    

    My umbraco.dll and Umbraco.Core.Dll are both 7.4.0.

    Edit: 15 feb 2016:

    Using either Edge browser Developer Tools or Firefox 44.0.2 the Network log shows 404 for the following files:

    /umbraco/lib/jquery-ui-touch-punch/jquery.ui.touch-punch.js?cdv=1860899780
    /umbraco/lib/ng-file-upload/ng-file-upload.min.js?cdv=1860899780
    /umbraco/lib/angular-local-storage/angular-local-storage.min.js?cdv=1860899780
    

    This is what I have tried but still the problem persists:

    • reset the browser, both Edge and Firefox
    • close/re-opened the browser
    • emptied browser cache (i..e. all files, cookies etc)
    • emptied C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    • deleted all content in App_Data\TEMP\ folder (including ClientDependency)
    • updated version number in Config\ClientDependency.config to another one, e.g. from 1860899780 to 1860899781
    • deleted the App_Data\Umbraco.config just to see what happens

    It makes sense to me that the AuthorizeUpgrade page is blank when AngularJs and the other js file are not loaded but how can this be solved?

    Edit 2: I just found out that I was missing the above javascript files in the /Umbraco/lib folder - not sure why they was deleted (perhaps NuGet?). I added files from a clean install of Umbraco 7.4.0. (the Umbraco zipfile). However, the next error is now:

    SCRIPT5022: No module: blueimp.fileupload
    angular.min.js (18,70)
    

    This issue is reported here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7955

    Any help is appreciated.

  • Per 9 posts 82 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 20:27
    Per
    3

    For others having this problem I managed to fix it:

    It turns out some files were missing and some outdated in the /Umbraco folder. I ended up deleting the old /Umbraco folder and replaced this with a fresh copy from the offical umbraco zip file. Problem solved. Apparently NuGet upgrade does not always work perfectly.

  • Proxicode 123 posts 309 karma points
    Mar 02, 2016 @ 23:40
    Proxicode
    0

    Same problem, same fix. Download, unzip, overwrite Umbraco folder and we're back up & running! Thanks!!

  • Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 13:45
    Christine
    0

    Thanks for posting this, it helped me get past this issue.

  • David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2017 @ 11:07
    David W.
    0

    Old post but I just had this issue as well. The problem was that the new files in the umbraco folder from the new version was not included in the csproj-file in visual studio. This caused issues on the buildserver/deploy but worked locally.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft