Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 278 posts 662 karma points
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 09:55
    Martin

UmbracoRedirect v UmbracoInternalRedirectId

Hi all, Im using umbraco redirect to create a navigation that has the same page under different dropdowns.

Ive found somewhere that Umbraco Redirect is a 302 - temporary redirect.

What is the difference between Umbraco Redirect and Umbraco Internal Redirect ID?

Thanks

Martin

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 12:04
    Bijesh Tank

Hi Martin,

Umbraco Redirect (alias: umbracoRedirect) - this allows you to redirect to another page in your site, which is effectively a 302 redirect.

Umbraco Internal Redirect (alias: umbracoInternalRedirectId) - this will load a selected page on your site transparently without redirecting the URL.

Use a content picker datatype on both of these properties to make it work.

Hope that helps.

/B.

Jan 28, 2016 @ 11:58
    Martin

Thanks Bijesh. How does web crawlers see the page with the Umbraco Internal Redirect Id? Will it see it as a duplicate page?

Thanks

Jan 28, 2016 @ 12:33
    Bijesh Tank

Hi Martin,

I'm no SEO expert but I guess in theory it could see it as a duplicate page. You could use a canonical tag in the page to help with this. I found this Twitter convo that might help.

/B.

Jan 29, 2016 @ 13:23
    Martin

Thanks Bijesh. That twitter feed is interesting. Do you know of any packages to implement a canonical link or best practices?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2016 @ 14:23
    Bijesh Tank

The one I would recommend is SEO Checker . I haven't used it myself but i hear its a great product.

You could also see what the project search throws up that might be relevant.

/B.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft