Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luc van Soest 13 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 13:09
    Luc van Soest

Error after upgrading website from 7.1.8 to 7.3.5 System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration' failed

After upgrading my a customer website from 7.1.8 to 7.3.5, the website won't run anymore. It's giving this error message for all requests

Attempt by security transparent method 'System.Web.Http.GlobalConfiguration.get_Configuration()' to access security critical type 'System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration' failed.

I figure it has something to do with a NuGet dependency not resolving correctly (or missing)

All the resuls on Google (non umbraco-related) are pointing to Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.OData so I updated this via NuGet to it's latest stable release but with no succes, still the same error.

I found on the forum the following 2 topics but they are both pointing to the Optimus package which I'm not using

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/optimus/computer-says-no/72088-ysod-on-umbraco-73

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/71847-install-optimus-package-on-730-error

Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm already struggling with this issue for three days (!) and my customer's deadline is fast approaching :-(

Jan 27, 2016 @ 13:26
    Luc van Soest

The full error from the log-file

2016-01-27 13:27:54,499 [P13576/D3/T1] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    System.TypeAccessException: Attempt by security transparent method 'System.Web.Http.GlobalConfiguration.get_Configuration()' to access security critical type 'System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration' failed.
       at System.Web.Http.GlobalConfiguration.get_Configuration()
       at BackofficeTweaking.Events.UmbracoStartupEvent.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler.OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.<Complete>b__a(IApplicationEventHandler x)
       at Umbraco.Core.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach[TItem](IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 action)
       at Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete)
       at Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete)
       at Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
     2016-01-27 13:28:34,884 [P13576/D3/T39] INFO  Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - Application shutdown. Details: InitializationError

Jan 27, 2016 @ 13:39
    Luc van Soest

Ok, I just figured it out. After some digging in the log file I found the same error was thrown by the Backoffice Tweaking-package which apparently isn't compatible with Umbraco 7.3.5 (and also 7.3.4)

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/backoffice-tweaking/

2016-01-27 14:30:26,520 [P13576/D9/T1] ERROR Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager - An error occurred running OnApplicationStarted for handler BackofficeTweaking.Events.UmbracoStartupEvent
    System.TypeAccessException: Attempt by security transparent method 'System.Web.Http.GlobalConfiguration.get_Configuration()' to access security critical type 'System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration' failed.
       at System.Web.Http.GlobalConfiguration.get_Configuration()
       at BackofficeTweaking.Events.UmbracoStartupEvent.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler.OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.<Complete>b__a(IApplicationEventHandler x)

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Jan 08, 2017 @ 12:50
    Denford

thanks for sort of pointing me in the right direction in my case it was the optimus package so took out all references of it in the web config, tree config etc and managed to upgrade.

• Harvey 28 posts 122 karma points
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 11:29
    Harvey

I had the same issue with Optimus! Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft