Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Brinegar 84 posts 162 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 13:32
    Thomas Brinegar

Umbraco Backoffice Broken after Login when Running Umbraco as a Sub-Application

I have Umbraco version 7.2.4 assembly: 1.0.5557.19139 running as a sub-application on our test site and am noticing the following errors when I login to the Backoffice. The content (not shown) just renders as a blank white page. Screenshot The front-end of the website appears to run fine. Alternatively, if I run the site as a standalone application (and run it as a sub-domain) it works fine but I want to get away from running a sub-domain for SEO purposes.

• Francielle 65 posts 279 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 17:26
    Francielle

It seems that it is not possible to be done. Umbraco needs to be a standalone application to run.

I guess you'll need to change a lot of items in Umbraco code to make it work. We tried to do the same thing you are doing once, but it ended up being a headache and we changed it to a subdomain.

This might be helpful https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/74524-umbraco-in-child-virtual-directory

• Elias 7 posts 78 karma points
    Oct 17, 2016 @ 13:52
    Elias

I am experiencing a similar issue in Umbraco 7.5.3 (Umbraco running as a sub-application). Although, I do not get any errors, the content of the Umbraco pages is not getting rendered (i.e I do get blank pages back).

I have set in umbracoSettings.config:

umbracoApplicationUrl to the full path where umbraco can reach itself and ResolveUrlsFromTextString to 'true'.

Am I missing anything?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft