Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michel Collard 44 posts 264 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2016 @ 13:06
    Michel Collard

Can't edit or add Member Types

I am unable to edit or add Member Types in Umbraco 7.3.1.

There is no error message or saved message when editing in Umbraco.

I used the SQL Server Profiler to check if anything goes wrong inserting/updating certain fields and noticed that there is an error:

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsPropertyTypecmsDataTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "Mydatabase", table "dbo.cmsDataType", column 'nodeId'.

The insert query that I think is creating the error is:

exec sp_executesql N'INSERT INTO [cmsPropertyType] ([dataTypeId],[contentTypeId],[propertyTypeGroupId],[Alias],[Name],[sortOrder],[mandatory],[validationRegExp],[Description],[UniqueID]) VALUES (@0,@1,@2,@3,@4,@5,@6,@7,@8,@9);
    SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY() AS NewID;',N'@0 int,@1 int,@2 nvarchar(4000),@3 nvarchar(4000),@4 nvarchar(4000),@5 int,@6 int,@7 nvarchar(4000),@8 nvarchar(4000),@9 nvarchar(40)',@0=0,@1=1044,@2=NULL,@3=N'umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalAnswer',@4=N'Password Answer',@5=0,@6=0,@7=NULL,@8=NULL,@9=N'09c08c0b-b704-44a7-9570-175834b4dea3'

I found a few other forum post with a comparable situation:

Some extra information:

I noticed that two fields were missing when comparing this database with another database with the same Umbraco version. What happened in the other Umbraco website is: when I saved the Member Type 'Member'. Two new Generic Properties were added. Password Answer and Password Question.

I hope that someone can help me with this issue. Thanks!

Michel Collard.

• Michel Collard 44 posts 264 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2016 @ 13:02
    Michel Collard

Update on my first post.

I checked the database again and compared it to another database that doesn't have this problem and noticed that there was a duplicate and a missing propertyEditorAlias in the table 'cmsDataType'. The duplicate propertyEditorAlias was Umbraco.Textbox and the missing propertyEditorAlias was umbraco.NoEdit.

I edited the duplicate property with the nodeId -92(wich is the 'Umbraco.NoEdit' property in my other Umbraco database) and changed Umbraco.Textbox to umbraco.NoEdit.

After making this change in the database, I decided to save the memberType again and noticed that I got a message that the member type was saved and the two new Generic Properties were added. Password Answer and Password Question.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft