Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ShifterBits 5 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 01, 2016 @ 16:00
    ShifterBits

Windows authentication and management of user rights

Im looking at using Umbraco for an intranet and need to authenticate users based on their windows domain account. Ok, thats not so hard. Ive gone over the various blog posts about this What Im not sure of is how to manage those users in Umbraco - I dont want to leave this to be done in Active Directory. I will have different groups of users that will manage their section of the site.

Ive built other intrnet apps where I keep the users in a database, and manage those users within the app itself, yet the authentication happens with windows. I simply grab their user identity and do a lookup.

Ive got Windows auth working now with Umbraco 7 but the management of the users is something Im still not sure about.

Can someone point me to an example of using windows domain authentication yet manage users and their rights within Umbraco backoffice? The admin user needs to be mapped to a domain user as well.

• Ankur parekh 5 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 03, 2016 @ 19:29
    Ankur parekh

Hi ShifterBits,

Did you figure this out? I want windows authentication with umbraco site. Could you please guide me how can I implement windows authentication for my intranet site. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ankur parekh

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 23:51
    Eric Schrepel

I'd also love an answer, we use Umbraco for our public website, would like to make an Intranet site in it and use ActiveDirectory authentication for the entire site, basically (front-facing and back-office).

If you have any thoughts, would dig them :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft