Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2016 @ 16:54
    Ismail Mayat

PDFIndexer Examine rebuild index issue

Using Umbraco 7.3.5 and i have installed Examine PDFIndexer.

When i create new pdf file items in media section the items get added to the index. However when i goto examine dashboard and rebuild index those documents are lost all i get in the index is folders

Anyone seen this before?

Regards

Ismail

Feb 04, 2016 @ 10:33
    Ismail Mayat

Bit more information on this, I downloaded Umbraco source 7.3.5 and then did index rebuild with break points visual studio picks up exception in the UmbracoDataService on line 21:

public string MapPath(string virtualPath)
        {
            return HostingEnvironment.MapPath(virtualPath);
        }

MapPath is somehow being passed a blank virualPath when doing full re index and that is causing it to barf.

Going to debug a bit more to see whats going on.

Regards

Ismail

Feb 04, 2016 @ 11:00
    Ismail Mayat

Ok so seems to be issue in pdfindexer, there is something being passed through to Mappath where virtualPath is empty, stepping through with the debugger it was empty image. I deleted those and now it all indexes.

Regards

Ismail

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2016 @ 13:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ismail

Thanks for the pointer.

It's a bit weird though since I discovered that I had around 9 blank media items (where the media item is created but there is no physical file mapped to it) - But they all existed in the recycle bin? I don't think that it makes sense that trashed files are being indexed too?

But I emptied the recycle bin and then the indexer started running - But now I have a lot of entries like

2016-03-17 14:17:10,846 [P3584/D45/T106] ERROR UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoLogService - Provider=PDFIndexer, NodeId=20172 System.Exception: UmbracoExamine.FileIndexer: Extension '.png' is not supported at this time

Eventually the indexer just stops saying one should check the log file...feeling a bit lost now...

/Jan

Mar 17, 2016 @ 13:29
    Ismail Mayat

Ignore those errors I did create post about that and pointed Shannon to it.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/74843-pdfindexer-adding-images-and-folders-to-index

Just check you have content you should

Regards

Ismail

Mar 17, 2016 @ 13:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmmm

Nope, index still says it's 0 - After a while where the indexer has been running I get a red warning message in the ui saying "Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to check index processing"

So I guess it's never finishing?

When I check the logfile I just see entries like the one posted above :-/.

/Jan

Mar 17, 2016 @ 13:40
    Ismail Mayat

Jan,

How many media items do you have? Are you pdfs all located in one place / folder? If they are then update the exmaine pdf indexer to only index that folder see if that works?

Those png / jpg errors are misleading they are not the issue. When i had this issue i stepped through examine code with debugger and found that media items with no file stopped indexing. On my one now it indexes and i still see those png / jpg errors.

Regards

Ismail

Mar 17, 2016 @ 14:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ismail

There are around 880 items - The PDF files are unfortunately stored wherever the editor has felt for storing them so it's not restricted to just one folder.

I just discovered that I'm getting a server error in my console log saying POST http://mysite.com/umbraco/BackOffice/Api/ExamineManagementApi/PostCheckRebuildIndex?indexerName=PDFIndexer 500 (Internal Server Error)

Any clues what that might be? I'm a bit clueless regarding this.

/Jan

Mar 17, 2016 @ 14:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi again

Ok, still get the above errors and stuff when I try to index - However! I have some files in the index now.

I used the good old trick...namely bumping the /config/ClientDependency.config version number and then I recycled the app pool and all of the sudden there were files in the index - I actually also deleted the files in /TEMP/ClientDependency/ - But I'm 99% certain that I did not have to do that.

When I try to rebuild the files remain in the index even though it still acts weird though.

Thanks for all your efforts Ismail :)

EDIT: Feel free to buy a box of the best mangos you can find on me - Soon the season is starting, right? :)

/Jan

Mar 18, 2016 @ 07:09
    Jan Skovgaard

So just for future reference if others people come across this head-scratching issue I can confirm that upgrading to v1.0.2 of the UmbracoExamine.PDF indexer solves the indexing issue Ismail and I experienced whenever there are "blanks".

Issue details can be found here https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoExamine.PDF/issues/8

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft