Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 15 posts 75 karma points
    Feb 02, 2016 @ 21:48
    Tim

Small post-upgrade problem

I recently upgraded Umbraco to 7.3.6 to address a bug that existed in 7.3.1. This release, as other community members suggested, fixed our issue. However, and this is a very small issue in the grand scheme of things, our Umbraco still shows as version 7.3.1 in the back office. Is it safe for me to manually update the umbracoConfigurationStatus value to7.3.6, or did something go wrong in the upgrade process that requires other action?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 06:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tim

How did you run the upgrade? Usually this should be changed during the upgrade process but perhaps permissions have not been setup correctly so the upgrader was maybe not able to write to the web.config? - However you should be able to change the value to 7.3.6 manually and then trigger the upgrade completion if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Tim 15 posts 75 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 16:25
    Tim

Jan,

Thank you for your reply. The fault for this could, in fact, lie with me. Let me explain.

We have Umbraco set up on an Azure instance for internal testing and such. Initially, I downloaded the upgrade to that box, and ran it manually. On that box, the upgrade DID change the version number.

Then, so that each developer would not have to do the upgrade on their PC, I copied all of the new files onto my PC (I checked them all out of TFS, first and will check in the updated files). I also updated any differences in our web config (except for the version number), too. After all of the new files and content were present on my PC, I ran our solution through Visual Studio. I was taken to the Umbraco sign on page and was subsequently presented the "completing the upgrade" page. When it was done, the new Umbraco changes were clearly present, but the version number did not change.

I will just assume that the web.config was locked and could not be updated and will update it manually.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft