Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:09
    Anders Brohus

Umbraco backend CSS gone

I just upgraded my site to Umbraco 7.3.7 and now the backend CSS is gone...

It just look like this

Umbraco 7.3.7 css gone

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

How did you upgrade your site to Umbraco 7.3.7, by NuGet or manually. If you have upgraded manally,

Then perhaps something when wrong in the copy of the files, so not all of the files get in to your installation.

Could you try download a fresh Umbraco 7.3.7 installation, and copy over these folders and their files again:

• /bin
    • /Umbraco
    • /Umbraco_Client

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:24
    Anders Brohus

I upgraded over NuGet but i will try :-)

I got a backup running and working, it's a website i develop as an "standard installation" so its easy for the company to get started with a new Umbraco installation :-)

Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:26
    Anders Brohus

Okay it's not working :-(

Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

Do you get any errors when you tried to upgrade using NuGet, or do you get any error in the browser console?

/Dennis

Feb 03, 2016 @ 14:48
    Anders Brohus

Only errors i got was that it skipped Dashboard.config and ClientDependency.config... I have also tried to copy paste them from a fresh 7.3.7 installation :-)

Feb 03, 2016 @ 15:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

Maybe you could try share the error that you get in the console, so it easier for people to help.

When you update your Umbraco installation via NuGet did you use this command Update-Package UmbracoCms in the package console?

We don't overwrite any config files when you update your Umbraco installation using NuGet, if anything needs to be changed or added we change or add it automatically, if people have changed those files themselves then that's no problem we don't remove whatever they've added.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 15:12
    Tom Engan

Same happens to me for every upgrade lately. It's working now (the case here): https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/73702-upgrade-from-732-to-733-or-734-fails trĂ¥den

After several build and F5, my website works correctly, and my problem is gone (but I still don't know quite where the problem lies).

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 15:48
    Jan Skovgaard

How do you guys reference your stylesheets? And are you making use of the client dependency framework somehow?

I'm just wondering since I have been doing a lot of upgrading lately and have never had an issue with my styles disappearing - I just reference my css using an absolute path like for instance.

EDIT: Argh, nevermind me! Just realized that it's the styling of the Umbraco backoffice that is disappearing - But as I mentioned I have been upgrading a lot lately (using nuget) without seeing this issue - However in the past it has happened on rare ocassions and then I go to the /config/clientdependency.config and bump the version number, which usually does the trick unless something else is wrong.

/Jan

Feb 05, 2016 @ 07:39
    Anders Brohus

Hmmm okay, luckly i got an backup of the template so i just used that, but i will have to upgrade it at some point, so it's nice to know what to do then.. :-)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 07:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

Just wondered - Have you been testing this in other browsers too? Or have you only tested in your regular browser?

/Jan

Feb 08, 2016 @ 07:37
    Anders Brohus

I tried in IE 11 and MS Edge, Firefox and Opera so it was a global problem :-)

• Heather Floyd 604 posts 1002 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Dec 12, 2017 @ 03:44
    Heather Floyd

I encountered this randomly on an Umbraco v.7.4.3 site.

This article helped: http://blog.dampee.be/post/2011/10/10/Umbraco-deployment-issues-ClientDependency-error-gone-with-debug3dtrue-on-IIS7-(SOLVED).aspx

Setting 'debug="true"' fixed it for me.

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="false" targetFramework="4.5"> 

Not ideal in a production environment...

• Bo Jacobsen 597 posts 2395 karma points
    Jun 17, 2020 @ 08:25
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi all.

Did anyone found a solution to this?

Works on live, but not on local.

I was about to make some changes to an old website using Umbraco 7.2.1 and .net framework 4.5, when i found out that the backoffice did not load it's css locally.

I then checked the live environment, worried that it might not work there either. But it works as it should. So i decided to download the Umbraco and Umbraco_Client folders from the live environment to my local installation and overwriting it all. But that did not work.

On local the web.config is set to debug="true" and all handlers are there, under <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">. So i tried to delete the Temp folder from App_Data and bumb the clientDependency number in the ClientDependency.config to version="1991791693". But that did not work.

There is no errors in the developer console. But i do see 1 error and 1 warning in the log file. But the same error and warning is also on the live environment. The WARN is Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.PreValueDisplayResolver - [Thread 43] Could not find persisted pre-value for field startNodeId and the Error is Archetype.PropertyEditors.ArchetypePropertyEditor+ArchetypePropertyValueEditor - [Thread 22] Value cannot be null.

Any idears on what to try next?

Jun 17, 2020 @ 15:53
    Heather Floyd

@Bo, Have you tried comparing the live and local web.config files?

• Bo Jacobsen 597 posts 2395 karma points
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 12:08
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Heather.

Thanks for pointing that out.

It was indeed a mismacth in my web config section <system.webServer> above <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute"> there is a <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> where something was wrong.

Jun 19, 2020 @ 15:36
    Heather Floyd

So, That fixed the issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft