Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 21:50
    Eric Herlitz

Contacts list plugin

I'm creating a site where we need a contacts list. This list will include things like image, title, phone etc.

I was thinking there might be a plugin to register the contacts but my search came up with nothing. I suppose this could be any sort of list with the ability to register our own umbraco properties.

Any advice where to start, or anything that matches the above?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 15:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

You could perhaps use the "nested content" package for this? By using this package you can define the properties needed for your contact list on a document type and then in the "developer" section you can setup a datatype based on the nested content property editor pointing it to the document type for "contact" (or whatever you deside to call it) - Now on a content document type you can use this property and you can add as many contacts as you need.

The downside to this approach is that you will not be able to reuse the persons on the list if you will ever need to reuse some of the persons in another context.

Another option is to use Archtype (Have not been using this much myself yet) - But you should be able to use the same approach as mentioned above but Archtype can allow for nesting at multiple levels etc. so it might be overkill for this specific feature - Just mentioning it because it's good to known about this option too.

If you need to reuse the persons in other contexts you could also consider making a "shared content" folder in your content section where you can create a "Persons" folder beneath and then allow for the creation of "Persons" folder and "Person" data beneath it - Then you'll be able to use a "multinode tree picker" on your document type. The picker should be configured for selecting the persons from the "Persons" folder.

Does this make any sense or do I need to flesh it out a bit more? (If this is more like what you need?) :)

There are probably more ways of doing it depending on what you need to do exactly and why btw - These are just a few of the options.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft