Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 06, 2016 @ 11:32
    Iain Martin

Available and Re-use Editor Types

Could someone maybe explain the thinking behind the Available and Re-use data types when creating documents in the back-end?

I get that the Available Editors are the default ones that we're all used to and effectively the Reuse ones are the ones that we create for ourselves, but why does every property editor get saved in the Reuse tab? I have three or four text boxes for various documents in this now that I'm not going to use again - it's just a text box with nothing special about it and already the Reuse tab is getting a bit cluttered.

I do like the fact that you can create a new data type from the settings page without jumping over to the Developer Section and back again and it automatically gets saved and is available for re-use across the document types.

Could we maybe have a check box that asks if you want to save this editor as a new data type - that way we don't end up with hundreds of text box data types that are only used on a single document? I do understand that with the use of compositions then there is the potential to have the same property on more than one document/composition

The folders are a great idea, brilliant for keeping user created data types in their own place and it would be fantastic if you could pull these folders over to the Select Editor dialog, either as a separate tab or a section within the Reuse tab - this may be already in the pipeline, but it would be a good addition to this part.

Cheers,

Iain

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft