Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Feb 08, 2016 @ 11:59
    Dibs

Publishing from Visual Studio 2013

Dear Umbraco Team

When publishing Umbraco web app from Visual studio, It does not publish media folders created within the Umbraco back office. It only publishes the images within their self created randomly numbered folders. i.e. 1001, 1002 etc..

I am using LocalDB .sdf file and publishing the App_Data folder

How do i get the media folders to be published during the Visual Studio publishing process ?

Thanks Dibs

• Marc Goodson 2149 posts 14377 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 02:21
    Marc Goodson

Hi Dibs

The folders you created in the media section aren't actually created on disc, they are 'virtual' and their ids and which images are mapped to appear within them in the backoffice are stored in the umbraco database.

The files themselves are stored in their own folder in /media/12345/filename.jpg

these need to be included in the visual studio project file to successfully deploy via web deploy.

However if your target deployment site has a different database to your local version, then this it is not enough to just copy up the files in the media folder, umbraco won't discover them and add them to the media section automatically, they need to be uploaded via the umbraco backoffice of target Umbraco site (and this will generate different urls too)

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Mar 31, 2016 @ 10:52
    Dibs

Cheers Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft