Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wad 24 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 16:06
    wad

I know some MVC + razor what next?

I have got familiar with ASP>NET MVC and Razor (soem :)). What next ?

• SQL
    • WEb APi
    • Signair
    • Etntity framework
    • or? What

I'm learnig c# all the time .. :)

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 16:38
    Jason

wad, that's a big question and there is not one answer. I would suggest not worrying about specific technologies at this moment but strengthen what you already know. But it might not hurt to understand WebApi, rest api's are definitely a thing. I find the easiest way to do this is with an actual project, build a site even if it is a personal site. If you are using Umbraco this will also help you to better understand the unique features of how to build site with Umbraco. Nice thing is that there is not really an "Umbraco way" to build a site, it's mostly all standard ASP.NET stuff. Nothing like real world implementations to learn how all this fits together.

If you have any thing specifically you are already working on and want some input please ask.

Feb 11, 2016 @ 16:42
    wad

I want to learn umbraco i need to know this technolgy to know well umbraco. It is necessary to know SQL or WEbApi ( i know its rest).

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 11, 2016 @ 16:50
    Nik

Why don't you look at attending an Umbraco training course? They are brilliant and cover a wide base of skills.

The level 1 doesn't require any pre-set knowledge on programming per say. Knowing the MVC principles and Razor principles are helpful and understanding the basics of programming are a benefit but not compulsory.

Once you've completed the level 1 course, you will find that you should feel confident with the core Umbraco experience.

In the mean time I would ensure knowledge on SQL (not neccessarily from an Umbraco perspective as very rarely should you need to use SQL directly on the Umbraco DB if ever.)

Web API is useful for integration with 3rd party systems or with the Umbraco API that is now available although, I suspect you probably won't be using that to start with.

One of the best ways to learn is to install Umbraco and have a play with how it works. It's available via nuget or it can be installed into a WebMatrix project. Install a starter kit (an option in the customised options during installation or installed by default if you don't customise). Try modifying the documents/templates etc.

Mar 10, 2016 @ 07:07
    wad

Thanks, at the moment I'm playing with template.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 07:57
    Dennis Adolfi

Also, register an account at Umbraco.tv and go through the videos, thats how i first learned Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft