Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 15:24
    Zakhar

Can't edit Member type after upgrade to 7.4

Hey,

I upgraded my installation to v7.4 from 6.1.6 but I can't edit my existing Member type. It's empty, see the screenshot below:

enter image description here

I can add a tab and add properties to this tab, I can aslo add another member type, but all properties of my existing and the only member type disappeared.

Existing members still have all the properties and I can edit them.

What shall I do?

UPDATE: Just tried to upgrade another database and can reproduce the same problem. What used to be on the Generic properties tab is gone. I never created any other tab.

UPDATE 2: Just tried to upgrade to 7.3.7 and it worked fine. Can see my Generic properties tab and edit the properties. Such a shame but I think something has been broken in 7.4.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 17:18
    Nicholas Westby

That looks like a pretty serious bug. If you report it as a critical bug in the issue tracker, they may get a fix out for 7.4.1 (which I'm guessing they'll release very soon): http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

For what it's worth, the UI looks fine for me on a new install of 7.4:

member type

You may want to clear all the usual caches before creating the bug report (i.e., App_Data/TEMP and your browser cache).

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 13:58
    Zakhar

Thanks Nicholas,

Yes, it works fine if I create a new tab on the existing Member type or create a new member type - so it doesn't look like a configuration issue.

I did clear the cache multiple times.

Created the issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8012#

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft