Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kin 30 posts 172 karma points
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 20:31
    Kin

tinyMceConfig.config ignored?

Hello,

I've made changes to tinyMceConfig.config but they do not seem to ever take effect, even after restarting the application. I even tried removing all commands, but they still persist no matter what. So, how do I get it to work?

• Umbraco 3.7.8
    • VS2013 Community
    • IISExpress
    • MSSQL Server 2008 R2
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 20:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kin

Can you post what your configuration settings look like? Perhaps what you're trying to do is not allowed/is not valid.

/Jan

Feb 17, 2016 @ 21:14
    Kin

I just wanted to remove the macros command, and display the superscript and table commands.

I assumed you only needed to change the userInterface attribute of their respective tinyMceCommand? Altho userInterface of mceInsertTable is true by default and it still doesn't appear.

Feb 18, 2016 @ 05:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kin

That's an option - But hard to guide you untill you show what your current configuration looks like. Could you copy/paste it in here please? :)

Cheers, Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 05:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Two things here:

• If debug=false in your web.config you will need to change the version in ClientDependency.config (just make it 1 higher or lower) to start with a fresh cache
    • As you already mentioned, you restarted the application, this is indeed necessary as well as Umbraco reads the configuration only once when the app is starting

You might also have to clear your browser cache, even if you do both of the things above. Chrome is notoriously aggressive in caching sometimes.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:50
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Kin,

You don't need to change any thing in the config files for the options you mention.

Login in to the backend and go to the Developer section. And then find the Rich Text Editor in the datatypes folder.

There you can enable/disable options in the tinyMce toolbar.

Dave

Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Do! Of course! No neeed to do those settings in the config. The config is only intended for when you want to extend the RTE options if you need something that is not already there.

Dave is spot on - I should have understood caught this initially...must have been to early on the day for me :D

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:59
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ha! Good point, I missed this too. Which is likely why it didn't work either, Umbraco just overwrote the config settings.

Feb 18, 2016 @ 16:08
    Kin

Ah I see!

The tinyMceConfig.config is used to determine what appears when you edit the RichTextEditor datatype.

Thank you, it works after all.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft