Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joe Price 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 23, 2016 @ 07:56
    Joe Price

UserServer GetPermissions cached results

When using the UserService and updating a users permissions (ReplacePermissions) for a single node, I use the GetPermissions after performing a replace permissions function I get in the original permissions.

However these permissions did change correctly. If I recycle the AppPool, clearing the server cache the GetPermissions returns the expected result.

This is using umbraco 7.4.1, I am unsure if this is on all version 7.

• brock boyd 2 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 15, 2016 @ 18:00
    brock boyd

I am having the same issue on version 7.2.8. Did you get this working?

Updated permissions: userService.ReplaceUserPermissions

Then

Get permissions: userService.GetPermissions

The results from GetPermissions after doing the ReplaceUserPermissions are not showing the update. If I look at the user permissions in Umbraco UI it shows the update. The only way I can get the accurate results from GetPermissions is to restart the app pool.

I also tried umbraco.library.RefreshContent() to bust the cache on this. Did not work.

How can I ensure that GetPermissions is pulling the updated results without cycling the app pool?

• John Mc 9 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 11:37
    John Mc

Same here, has this been resolved?

Apr 27, 2016 @ 12:13
    John Mc

So I've been digging through the source code, and this appears to be quite deliberate.

In the Permissions Repository, where GetPermissions eventually ends up, there is a hardcode cache expiration of 20 minutes.

So the question is, can we trigger a cache flush? I've found a class called UserPermissionsCacheRefresher, I'm just trying to figure out whether I can play with it or not :)

Apr 27, 2016 @ 12:23
    John Mc

So, to rebuild the cache, you just need to add:

DistributedCache cache = DistributedCache.Instance; cache.RefreshAll(DistributedCache.UserPermissionsCacheRefresherGuid, true);

where appropriate :) I do mine after I've removed the permissions :)

• brock boyd 2 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 16:17
    brock boyd

That worked!

Big thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft