Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 15:51
    Simon

Umbraco Forms - On Submit I want to display again the Form

Hi Guys,

I have such a dilemma how I can make that instead of the message on submit to be shown, since I am going to redirect to another page, from the From.cs page view, I want to display again the form, when the form is submitted and redirected to a thank you page.

Does any body has an idea please?

thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

You should be able to choose a page to redirect to instead of showing the "Thank you message". You can probably choose the page containing the form instead using the "Forms" interface.

Does this make sense? You should not need to write code to achieve it if I understand you correctly.

/Jan

Feb 25, 2016 @ 06:32
    Simon

Hi Jan,

I am doing exactly what you have said, where I am choosing a page where it should go once form is submitted.

But on this page, I want to render again the From, using RenderForm(...)

Since it is being submitted, the form is not being shown but instead a message is shown instead of the form.

Basically, I want to modify the Form.cshtml, where the form will be rendered from but I do not how.

Any idea..

Please

Thank you.

Feb 26, 2016 @ 14:47
    Simon

Any idea Jan Please?

Thank you

Kind Regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2016 @ 18:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Erhm...the description above does not sound quite right to me...

If you have selected a page, which the form should be redirected too then the "thank you message" should not be displayed. The redirect should happen.

Sorry if I do misunderstand you but just to be clear let's take this from the top.

In your content section you have a page where you have placed a form. When the form is submitted you want to redirect to the page, which holds the form rather than showing a "Thank you message".

I think that you'll only need to have one instance of the page that holds the form (Sounds to me you want to have the form on another page too - That should not be necessary if what I'm thinking is doable). On the form you'll then need to go to the "Actions" menu in the top right corner and from there choose "On submit". Here you can choose the page that the form should redirect to when it has been submitted. It has the label "Go to page on submit".

Is this how you have done things?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft